Friday, December 24, 2010

First Sledding Crash

Carter's first sledding accident happened on Christmas Eve day...Justin took him up to his parents that morning to let him sled & snowmobile-because he is always wanting to snowmobile lately. Justin took him on a "little hill, but long" & Carter is so light that the sled just jeered off & Carter ended up rolling into the ditch , is what I got out of the story. When Carter woke up from his nap he said "sledding was fun" so we didn't bring up his accident, then on our way to our Christmas Eve party out of the middle of no where he told me the whole story. "daddy took my on big hill, I hold onto rope , & put my feet in, & crashed into the ditch- I got some owies (pointing to his thumb {tiny little scrape}" then I said where else did you get some owies. & he said "all over my face & chin right here"....Justin felt horrible & called to warn me before they just came back-I was expecting it to be a lot worse than it was...Luckily it only looked bad on Christmas Eve (was all red from ice burn) & by Christmas morning it was almost all the way healed, just a few scabs on his chin & by his eye. Tough little feller-he's already gotten back on the sled, so that's good news!!

0 comments: