Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My deer!

Justin & I (sometimes Carter, once Tenley) went hunting almost nightly, so when we finally came home with something dead Carter was beyond pumped! He was so excited to see my deer in the back of the truck & couldn't wait to get home & skin it! Tenley just kept saying "mommy's deer dead, you shot it" , she's a a little jabber jaws & is always so curious...
~SOO excited~!
Tenleys face totally cracks me up, she is weird about animals being dead when their heads are still on them!
Kiddos helping daddy skin the deer with their saw & plastic kitchen set knife :)
She got use to it & was willing to hold it up all by herself
Hunter herself :)




He looked like a 4 point when we saw him skyline because of how wide he was, but once we got up to him he wasn't as big as I thought. This is the widest deer I have shot so far, but I only plan on shooting bigger, year after year :) We wrapped it up ourselves {time consuming, but so worth it} & have been making jerky on the weekends, delicious!
{Thanks to grandma Sheri for babysitting & surviving thru another hunting season with us}

1 comments:

Brett and Chelsea said...

Look at you! I can't wait to shoot my first deer. Unfortunately, I haven't had time thanks to being in school and now being in Connecticut, but looks like I can get some tips from you!