Thursday, December 12, 2013

Lots of painting!!

Justin & I decided to rip down all the wall paper in the front room & paint the entire upstairs. living, dining, kitchen, halls. Getting the wall paper off was probably the hardest part, but once we figured it out & had my parents help we got it all off & scrubbed down in about 2 days! Carter was such a good helper the one night, he stayed up til about 11:30 helping us get wall paper off. He stunk like vinegar so even though he was exhausted he insisted on getting in the tub- which lead to this -

Everywhere else was luckily just white. The only bad thing was the trim, base & crown molding in the living room was all tan before, so I painted it all white. But then of course the whites through out the rest of the house didn't match. so for about 3 days, I spent them painting the trim- the only nice thing was I didin't have to tape, {besides along the carpet} Once I got the trim all painted. it was onto to the walls, which is mainly Justin & was lots & lots of painting... It took us maybe a total of 3-4 days {not full days, just nights when Justin got off work} its a good thing we kept each other motivated because painting gets old quick :) but the upstairs is all done!! & it looks much much better. amazing what some paint can do! Now onto the downstairs...!!

0 comments: