Shadow ended up having her puppies on May 28th. It was quite the
adventure. I came home from town one day & couldn't find Shadow, she
was acting weird when I had left, so I had tried to keep an eye on her
once I got home to see where she was going. Anyways, didn't think
anything about her having her puppies, so when Justin got home from work
we started looking for her. The last spot I had seen her was at the
bottom of the road by the culvert, so I peeked my head in the culvert
& sure enough she had had 6 puppies in the MIDDLE of the culvert
& it was supposed to rain the next few days. So right before dark we
decided we better hurry & get them out. Carter didn't want to crawl
thru & get them {I can't blame him} so Justin dug the culvert out
as best he could & in he went {I wish I would have taken some
pictures of him crawling in & out of the culvert, because he literally barely fit} once
we got the puppies rescued & into the garage, the kids were in
heaven.
The next night Justin & the kids built Shadow this little box so she could keep her puppies all in!I made the mistake {I blame it on Justin, but he says it was me} by telling the kiddos they could each pick a puppy out, I didn't necessarily mean for them to KEEP the puppy, but in their eyes that's what they thought I meant :) *Tenley wanted the black & white one & named her Cowser & Carter wanted the fluffy black one & named him MJ*Many of our next weeks were spent in the garage playing with the puppies. This box lasted about a month & then the puppies were all over the place. Trying to leave the garage or pull out to go anywhere was like a workout. puppy madness. So that's when we decided it was time to get rid of them :( We had told the kids that we would maybe keep only 1 {but even Justin & I were debating on that} So I listed them on KSL for free, & within about 1 hour they were all called for & gone the next day. The first people that came wanted MJ & that was an emotional & sad night for Carter, at that time we had decided we weren't going to keep any puppies...Tenley wasn't even really sad when they took Cowser, so I was glad that wasn't a big fit. But in the end we kept 1. The people who were supposed to come get the last boy never came. So we kept the little guy & let Carter name him ......
welcome to the family BRON :)
{the kids were both happy with keeping him & 2 dogs isn't bad, not when you live out in the country :) }

0 comments:
Post a Comment