Friday, November 8, 2013

My Elk

I got my elk , opening morning Oct 15th. We had seen quite a few when we were bow hunting- but we both said if we seen something bigger than my first elk, I'm shooting. So we went up opening morning & hiked all over, didn't see anything. So we went up this little game trail in the wide open hills & as we were talking & walking {weren't being quiet because we hadn't seen anything} this elk comes over the hill about 150 yards away!
Tenley wasn't afraid of the elk for some reason. They both hoped right on for a picture!
helping dad gut it, everything that came out- Carter observed & asked what it was :)
Tenley still wasn't feeling very good, so I sat in the rhino & held her. So once again Carter was the big helper! which he loved. Its body was so long, I hadn't seen an elks body so big before! We've got a full freezer & I must say it was nice to have over with on opening day!!

0 comments: