Thursday, November 21, 2013

1st Dance Performance!

On November 16th Tenley had her very 1st dance performance. She was so excited to be able to put real make up on & dance in front of everyone! *She doesn't always love going to dance on Wednesdays-only unless I stay there, but she loves picking out her dance clothes & getting ready to go* So I usually have to sneak off, & then of course she is fine. She is getting use to going & the routine now, so I think she likes it a lot more than she did at first. {at first I thought it might be a waste, bribing her to go} I didn't really know what to expect since this was her first time in front of everyone-

Mom putting mascara & makeup on! {had to cover her black eye}
she's got some long eyes lashes & using an eye lash curler on someone else is HARD!
She got nervous about me leaving her in the hall when they were getting ready to come out, but once she got out on the floor-she was ready to get her dance on :)
Walking out-right when she spotted us watching her-! I was so proud of her, she seen where we were sitting but still watched her teacher & did the dance!!
posing after she had danced!!
Carter & santa. He told him he wanted a skate board, don't know where that came from ?! I don't think a skate board would end very well on our steep gravel drive way :)
Tenley did awesome during her dance & we were very proud of her {besides chopping her gum, which was my fault for giving it to her & forgetting to take it out!} She is always wanting to practice her dance at home {I recorded her at practice, so we could get the moves down} Afterwards she begged to go see Santa but insisted she would only go if Carter went with her. When we got over there, she was terrified & wouldn't even get close. She wouldn't even hold my hand while I took pictures of Carter because she thought I was going to take her over there :)!! I thought this year she would like him, but nope- still wants nothing to do with him. "where does santa come from" -"is that just a guy dressed up like santa?" She seriously cracks me up- the stuff that scares her...I hope Christmas night she isn't terrified again, poor girl!
She is quite the little dancing queen & really gets into it. I hope she likes soccer as much as she does dancing :) We will see. Proud of you Teners!!!

0 comments: